Akai Silks - Gorgeous silk veils
- Aliah's Closet - Affordable skirts, dresses, jewerly, supplies, etc.
- Artemis Imports - Belly dance costumes, accessories, jewerly, books, henna, and patterns
- Audrena - Extravagent belly dance costumes
The Belly Dance Shop "Your personal provider of authentic Turkish imports" - Costumes, veils, hip scarves, etc.
Belly Dance with K - Costumes, Accessories, Music, Etc.
- Bra Makers Supply - Bra-Making Lessons, Patterns, etc.
- Catharae's Treasures - Costumes, Music, etc.
- Cost Less Imports - Beautiful (but expensive) Coin, Mirror, and Cyrstal costumes
Crystalline Curves Sensual Body Jewelry - Beautiful jewerly (note this site has a very long download time)
Dahlal International - Extensive collection of videos and music, also has costuming items
- Domba - Gypsy music, dance, and wares (including men's and children's costumes)
- Ganesha Bazaar - Very large site with lots of ethnic/tribal costuming items
Isis and the Star Dancers - Full Costumes, Jewelry, etc.
- Isis Exchange - Budget costumes, hip scarves, etc.
- Judith's Head - Tribal Jewerly & Belly dancing Accountrements Jewerly, Accessories, Clothing
L. Rose Designs - Elegant silk and velvet designs for the discerning Middle Eastern dancer
- Lost Treasures - Egyptian Importers of jewerly, costumes, accessories, instruments, perfume bottles, etc.
- Mandala's Gifts
Meleea's Shopping Bazaar - Fans, budget costumes, etc.
- Moondance - Great practive, student, and budget costume options and accessories.
Saroyan Mastercrafts - Zill Makers
ShimmyShimmy - figurines, costume items, etc.
Sugar Petals - Powernet unitards, costume making supplies, etc.
- Topkapi - Exquisite Turkish costumes
- Turkish Emporium - Reasonably priced Turkish costumes
- Turquoise International
- Zanbaka - Tribal style belly dance costumes and really unique headdresses.
Whose Sari Now - Clothing custom made for you using saris
- Check eBay and Etsy
- House of Musical Traditions Specializing in Rare and Exotic instruments
- Ethnic Musical Instruments from around the world
Lark in the Morning - Musical Instruments from around the world
- Constructing a "cabaret-style" costume bra
- Pattern and instructions for making a professional belt and other items
- Madame X shares Tips and Tricks for making a Circle Skirt, Pantaloons, and a Simple Belt
- Instructions and photos "How to tie a turban using 2 constrasting Tassel Scarves"
- "6 Simple steps to the perfect turban"
- "Women's Headdresses in Turkish Folklore"
- Dawn Devine Brown - Author of Costuming from the Hip and other great guides to designing and making middle eastern dancewear
- The Costume Goddess
- Costume Care (from Near East Dance site)
- Near Eastern Clothing, Authentic Period and Modern Ethnic
- The History of Costume - Index by Braun & Schneider (c.1861-1880)
- George Glazer Gallery - Print & Books, World Cultures
- List of links relating to Historical Middle Eastern Clothing
This designates vendors that I've ordered from and can personally recommend. It does not necessarily mean they're any better than vendors without this designation - I don't believe that I've listed anyone who isn't worthy of that designation, but my pocketbook only allows me to try out so many vendors.